W-2 Form, Wage and Tax Statement
W-2, is where employers report employees’ annual earnings and taxes withheld at the end of each year. The employer is required to send a copy of the completed W-2 Form to the IRS, the employees, and possibly any states for whom state taxes were withheld. Those employers filing over 250 forms to the IRS must file electronically.
Learn about State filings information for W-2 Form
Who needs to file W-2 Form?
Every employer engaged in a trade or business who pays remuneration for services performed by an employee, including noncash payments of $600 or more for the year, must file a Form W-2 for each employee (even if the employee is related to the employer) from whom:
- Income, social security, or Medicare tax was withheld.
- Income tax would have been withheld if the employee had claimed no more than one withholding allowance or had not claimed exemption from withholding on Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate.
Take a look at our FAQs to learn more about E-Filing your W-2 Form.
See for yourself how easy e-filing your W-2 form can be. Get Started Today!
W-2 Form Flow diagram
W-2 Form Filing
Depends on each state
Instructions to E-File W-2 Form
- Go to ExpressTaxFilings.com
- Sign In to your account
- Select to Start a New W-2 Form
- Select Employer details (Name, EIN, Address)
- Select an Employee (Name, SSN/EIN, Address)
- Enter Federal Details for the W-2 Wage and Tax Statement, including boxes 1-14 of the W-2 Form.
- Enter State Information, Income, State Taxes Witheld, Local Wages, Local Income Tax, & Locality Name for each applicable state
- Review Your Order
- Select whether you would like the form mailed to the recipient & whether you would like to also file with the state as well
- Add Credit Card for the Filing Fees
- E-File the W-2 Form with the SSA
Got too many W-2 forms to send out?
Use our "Bulk Upload" using Excel/CSV to create W-2s in minutes. You can download our Excel template or use your own customized template to create W-2 Forms.
Due Dates for W-2 Form Tax Year 2014
Provide 2014 W-2 Form to all Recipients
Paper Filing Deadline to send the 2014 W-2 Form
E-File Deadline for 2014 SSA
Where do I file W-2 Form?
The SSA encourages all employers to E-File. E-filing can save you time and effort and helps ensure accuracy. You must E-File if you are required to file 250 or more Forms W-2 or W-2c . If you are required to E-File but fail to do so, you may incur a penalty.
ExpressTaxfilings.com is the easiest - we transmit it all to the SSN for you! Or, print paper copies and mail them to the SSN and recipient.
See for yourself how easy e-filing your W-2 form can be. Get Started Today!Start Now
If you are PAPER FILING, File Copy A of W-2 Form with W-3 Form at the following address:
Social Security Administration,
Data Operations Center,
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18769-0001.